Friday, May 21, 2010


i just finished reading this book.."The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky.As much as people say it, this really is one of my favorite books of all time.MTV promoted it, it got a lot of press, so many people shun it and say it is overrated. I disagree... it seemed like a quick read, and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. .!
Main character Charlie is loveable from the first sentence out of his mouth...There are endless quoteable quotes in this book that had me folding the page over so I could write them down later..,Charlie has an honest innocence to him yet such an intense depth and intelligent mind that he is quite the multifaceted character. 
I would recommend this book to every teenage boy and girl I knew. While Charlie isn't exactly a excellent role model, he does show that being different is O.K. and that friends come in all kinds of packages...to stay true to yourself. These things matter..

MY FAVE QUOTES FROM THIS BOOK..:)
"So this is my life..and i want u to know that i am both happy and sad.,and im still trying to figure how it could be.."
"We accept the love we think we deserves.."
"Because its ok to feel things and be who u are about them.,I was really there and that was enough to make me feel infinite..I FEEL INIFINITE..


"I don't want to start thinking again. not like i have this last week..I can't think again..Not ever again..I don't know if u've ever felt like that.,that u wanted to sleep for thousand years..or just not exist. or just not be aware that u exist..,or something like that.,i think wanting that is very morbid.,but i want it when i get like this.,That's why im trying not to think.,I just want it all to stop spinning.."
"Sometimes people use thought to not participate in life."
"I would die for you, but i won't live for u"
"If somebody likes me,I want them to like the real me, not what they think i am.. and i don't want them to carry it around inside.,i want them to show me,so i can feel that it too.."
"I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things.,And we can try to feel okay about them..(remember that we can always choose where we will go from here..and that is what matters..)



No comments:

Post a Comment